category: [ VSTS / TFS ] tags: [ Tips ]
created: 10 Mar 2018 @ 03:11 modified: 10 Mar 2018 @ 03:11
This is a quick reference post that shows you how to create a branch in VSTS and TFS.
The steps for this are quite simple. You will need to
- Navigate to the Code Hub Group, then
- Select the Repo you want to set the policy for, then
- Navigate to the Branches hub, next
- Click on the ellipse and lastly
- Click on New branch
Next type in
- A name for the branch in the folder you would like to set the branch name then
- Click Create branch
That’s all and your branch is created
Gordon Beeming works at Nologo Studios in the sunny city of Durban, South Africa. He is the Lead for the Data and Services Team and has a strong focus on Developer Efficiencies and R&D. When he's not hacking away at a keyboard in Visual Studio he'll generally be relaxing with his family or hitting the black top getting in some mileage. He is a Visual Studio ALM Ranger and Visual Studio ALM MVP.